This is a small list of extras that I have found are must haves on yurt trips:
• Hard bottom slippers or down booties for shuffling around inside the yurt.
Sometimes the liners to your ski boots work as well.
• Headlamp: it gets dark early in the winter and it’s a must have for night time bathroom runs.
• A pair of socks for each day as well as a dry pair to warm your feet when you get into the yurt at the end of the day.
• Cards/games to play once you’re yurt bound in the evening.
• Camera: great sunrise and sunset shots, not to mention the pristine backcountry.
• Plastic bags for carrying out garbage.
• Don’t forget your avalanche gear: shovel, probe and beacon.